My focus has always been in deconstructing the human body and then reconstructing it in terms of visual metaphors and puns. My humor and oddity, while outrageous at times, are a large part of my approach to creating art. I accomplish works through various art media including, but not limited to, drawing, collage, assemblage of found objects, wood carving, and bronze casting.
In essence, the sculptures, masks, collages, and street collaborations I create today are all profound narratives and clever pokes at reality.
Born in 1967 of an American mother and Cuban father, I grew up in Latin America and the Bahamas. I have lived and exhibited throughout the world – Panama, Ecuador, Germany, Spain, Argentina, US (New York, Miami, Los Angeles), and more. My education includes a Bachelor's and Masters of Fine Arts. Returning from Europe to the US ten years ago, I am now based in Los Angeles, California.
Shipping of products:
• All prints ship with UPS or Fed Ex within one week of ordering
• Tracking number will be provided
• Prints damaged during shipping can be returned
Returns of products:
• Prints must be returned undamaged to receive refund
• Purchase money will be refunded once prints have been received and inspected for damage